How to iron our pretty embroidered stars onto fabric
First warm up your iron to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees F). That’s usually the ‘cotton’ or ‘viscose/rayon’ setting. Make sure the ‘steam’ setting is off.
Check the care label of the item you are ironing the stars onto to ensure the iron won’t cause damage.
- Position the star(s) where you want them to go with the glue side against the fabric.
- Cover with a pillowcase, a handkerchief or a bed sheet and hold the iron there firmly.
- Press down iron for 25~30 seconds. Apply as much downward pressure as you can – NO BACK AND FORTH!
- Turn the garment inside out then repeat step 3 on the back of fabric.
- Let the patch set for a few minutes before you handle it.
- Turn garment inside out.
Wash in cold water (under 40 degrees Celsius) with mild detergent.
- Do NOT use bleach or the colour of the patch may fade.
- Air dry after washing. Do not tumble dry.
PLEASE NOTE: Our star patches have excellent adhesion. Once they are ironed on it may not be possible to remove them without damaging the fabric.
Your stars can be ironed on most fabrics but if you have a textured fabric you might have to sew them on or use some extra fabric glue.
They will stick to stretchy material such as socks or head bands but probably won’t stay on unless you secure them with a stitch.